Are you an inactive person who would like to become more active? If so, you don’t have to join a gym, find a lap pool, or join a community softball league. There are many ways to get moving without spending a dime. Physical activity abounds in our day to day lives, especially walking! You walk back and forth from one room to another, you walk through malls while you’re shopping, and you even get a mini workout when you soothe your baby throughout the day by holding him and walking him around the house. So, you see, you may already be physically active. But if you really want to make an effort and take your physical activity to the next level, here are a few activities to consider the next time you’re feeling the urge to ‘move it.’
- If you have a cleaning service do your housework, you could consider cleaning your home instead.
- If you drive to the corner grocery store, you could bike or walk there if you’re only picking up a couple of items.
- Instead of searching for a parking spot close to the entrance of the mall, park farther away.
- Keep a set a hand weights at your work desk, and do arm exercises during your breaks.
- While watching TV, move to the floor and do some sit-ups, push-ups, or if you’re up to it, planks.
These are just a few ideas for incorporating more movement into your life. And each of these ideas is a great place to start without overdoing it.